If you have arrived on this page, then it means there is certainly some problem with Amazon Echo and Alexa. We want to assure you that you are not the only one who is facing the problem, but other users have also reported the same on different online complaint forms.
To accomplish the setup smoothly, you need an Alexa app or website. Though the setup process is simple if you miss any step by chance, then it will put you in trouble.
If the Alexa get stranded on a white screen, then you won’t be able to move further. Besides this, if you find the light on the ring blue instead of orange, then it is hard to finish the setup. Nevertheless, to say, there is nothing to worry, we are going to help you out.
- Configure Alexa and Echo properly: In order to start with the process, you must configure the Alexa app on your phone. For this, you must connect the device to the power supply. The ring will turn blue then orange. Launch Alexa app and check for yellowish light on the ring.
- Begin by launching an app and sign–in to it: Start by opening an app and enter the login details you use to login to Amazon account. If you are using this for the first time, then sign-up first.
- Wait for the orange light on Echo: You need to connect the Echo to the wireless network. Wait for some minutes and check if the orange light on the device turns orange or not.
- Connect the device to Wi-Fi manually: Connect the device to the available wireless network manually. The setup process is important and requires proper implementation of each and every step. Go to ‘Wi-Fi’ settings from the phone and search for ‘Amazon’ network under wireless networks list.
- Connect to home Wi–Fi: Enter the SSID if not given and enter the password for the same. If you want, you can save the password for future use.
If after performing the steps, you find any issue in connecting the device to Alexa, then go through the steps given below:
- Uninstall Alexa from phone: If a white screen is appearing on the Alexa app, then don’t wait much. Simply uninstall the app from the device and install it again. To uninstall the app, follow steps as mentioned on the screen.
- Disable home network: If the network you are connecting to is not working normally, then either change the network or switch to different type of connection from your phone. For this, you can follow the steps given below:
- If you stuck in-between, then contact Amazon Echo or leave Alexa app.
- Open ‘Wi-Fi’ settings and disable it once.
- Change the date and time of your phone: Sometimes, the issue with Echo is due to the wrong date and time settings on your phone. Change the date and time and set it accurately.
- Update Android system web view: If you have any problem in configuring Echo, then update the webview interface of Android from playstore and check if the problem is resolved or not.